|The Metropolitan Community Clinic at Helliniko conducted 645 patient visits in November 2016.
- Psychologists saw 54 patients.
- Our dentistry had 27 patient visits. Of those, 15 were refugees from Scaramanga, Rafina and Helliniko.
- We provided 2 MRI’s which were urgent
- We served 6 patients which needed glasses for vision
|In November we received donations of medicine from:
- 211 individuals in Greece
- Eight individuals from France, Italy and Austria
- A large donation from the organization of a concert in Geneva, Switzerland
- A group that supports our clinic from Hamburg, Germany
- Two social pharmacies
- Four ecclesiastical associations
- Two labor unions
- Three other associations
- Two international groups
We warmly thank all of these donors. Without their help, we wouldn’t be able to do our job.
|The pharmacy, in addition to distributing medication to our own patients provided support with donations of medicine and medical supplies to:
- 14 other social solidarity clinics
- Three requests for help from social services of hospitals
- Two Health Centers in rural areas
- One request from a public hospital
- 51 requests from groups assisting and working with refugees
- One foundation supporting persons with special needs
- One hostel supporting the homeless
- Six cases of different patients who could not find medication vital to their care.
|We were visited by:
- Nine American students
- Students from the University of Lausanne
- Representative from the Astika Kena laboratory
- An Italian reporter
- Four groups of students from the dental school of Athens as part of their class on “social dentistry”
|The radio program “Solidarity on Air” of the Metropolitan Community Clinic Helliniko is aired every Saturday from 15:00 – 15:30, throughout Greece on 91.6 and 105.8 FM (aired in Greece, in Greek). October featured five programs with the following subjects:
- 5/11 “The condition of diabetic patients during the years of crisis.”
- 12/11 “Mental Health – Domestic Violence.”
- 19/11 “Skouries, gold mining and its impacts on health and the environment
- 26/11 “The theatrical group of MCCH.”
You can here these programs at http://www.mkiellinikou.org/blog/2015/12/17/arxeio (in Greek)
| The Metropolitan Community Clinic at Helleniko is a volunteer clinic providing cost-free primary health care to the uninsured, the unemployed who are without resources. We believe that that ALL should have equal and cost free access to the public health system.
“As long as austerity and the brutality continue, we will continue to combat it…”
Metropolitan Community Clinic at Helleniko