|MCCH conducted 593 patient visits in January 2017.
- Psychologists saw 54 patients.
- Our dentistry had 10 consultations for refugees who were urgent cases.
With cooperating labs we were able to obtain urgently needed lab exams for our patients:
- Five imaging tests
- Four blood tests
|The pharmacy, in addition to distributing medication to our own patients provided support with donations of medicine and medical supplies to:
- Four emergency cases of patients with significant and rare medical needs.
- Four public hospitals
- 14 other community clinics
- Two hostels supporting the homeless
- Four municipalities
- Seven requests for help from social services of hospitals
- One request from a prisoner.
- Two international organizations
- 52 requests from groups assisting and working with refugees
This is the result of very hard work done by the volunteers who check, organize and insure that each package of medicine which reaches us is in proper order.
|But even more so, it is thanks to the fact that the medicine reaches us to begin with which in January came to us from:
- 182 individuals in Greece
- Six individuals from France, Italy and Switzerland
- One collective from Belgium
- One community clinic
- Four churches which had collected medicines for us
- Three Greek pharmaceutical companies
- Four organizations / clubs (social clubs, solidarity organizations etc.)
- One worker’s association.
We warmly thank all of these donors. Without their help, we wouldn’t be able to do our job.
|We were visited by:
- Christsomos Galanos, and associate researcher Angelos Barbarousi. They are researching solidarity and cooperatives for the Autonomous University of Barcelona
- Jose Luis Vivas and George Bassallos from the Belgian organization CGSP & Friends and Supporters of Helliniko.
- Kathrin Hartmann, freelance reporter.
- Themos Rizos from ARD (1st channel of German Public Television)
- Segolene Chapin from LCI (24 hour news channel)
|We participated in the following:
- An event by the Group of women from German speaking countries married to Greeks or working in Greece, informing them of the work of MCCH.
- As last year, a concert at LeveL 69 on 6 January organized for MCCH. Music provided by
- Music Virus
- 40 Something
- Mono gymno
- Pericles Loridas
Entrance was paid by donations of medicines and baby milk, etc for MCCH
The radio program “Solidarity on Air” of the Metropolitan Community Clinic Helliniko is aired every Saturday from 15:00 – 15:30, throughout Greece on 91.6 and 105.8 FM (aired in Greece, in Greek). December featured programs with the following subjects:
- MCCH welcomes 2017 and carries on – main events of 2016
- Discussion with supporters from Belgium
- VIOLENCE IN THE FAMILY – PART 2 – WHEN THE VICTIM IS A CHILD
- Discussion with Panagiotis Papanikolaou, neurosurgeon at Nikaias Hospital: What is the picture and situation of health today..
You can here these programs at http://www.mkiellinikou.org/blog/2015/12/17/arxeio
| The Metropolitan Community Clinic at Helleniko is a volunteer clinic providing cost-free primary health care to the uninsured, the unemployed who are without resources. We believe that that ALL should have equal and cost free access to the public health system.
“As long as austerity and the brutality continue, we will continue to combat it…”
Metropolitan Community Clinic at Helleniko