|In September 2017 MCCH:
- Conducted 469 patient visits
- Our psychologists saw 21 patients.
- Our dentistry had 4 visits
- Two CT Scans and 2 MRI exams were conducted
- We distributed baby formula to 101 families
|In September we received donations of medicine and medical supplies from 162 individuals in Greece. A significant amount of medicine and supplies came from the following sources:
- Three social solidarity pharmacies
- Two municipal organizations –a social pharmacy and a KAPI
- One church
- One international organization
- Two cultural associations
- One foundation
And finally, we received significant donations from
- Organizations, friends of Greece in Germany, Switzerland, and Italy who have supported us many times.
- Individuals from France, Italy, Germany and Austria
With these offerings and the very hard work done by our volunteers who check, organize and insure that each package of medicine that reaches us is in proper order, we can provide medicines to our own patients, and can respond to requests coming in from organizations throughout Greece.
|The pharmacy of MCCH, we are able to not only serve our patients, but to pass medicine on to others. In September we were able to fulfill requests for medicine and medical supplies to:
- Two requests from the Social Pharmacy at Vyrona
- Two requests from the Solidarity Clinic of Piraeus
- One request from the Social Clinic in New Smyrni
- One request from the Refugee Shelter Center, Lavrio
- One request from the Refugee Shelter, Schisto
- One request of the Greek Disease Control and Prevention Center for a refugee shelter at Amygdaleza (PROKEKA)
|We also responded to requests from various organizations so they could assist patients in filling prescriptions.
- Three urgent requests from homeless fellow citizens.
- One request from the group 18 Above
- One request from the Social Clinic in Patissia
- One request from Social Services at the refugee center in Elaiona
- One request Police Station in Argyroupolis for a prisoner
- Four requests from Medin Estia, medical intervention
- One request from Association of Cancer Patients and Physicians (KEFI)
- Seven requests from KYADA Athens
- Six requests from Caritas Greece program for hosting refugees
- Five requests from Solidarity Now
- 27 requests from Praksis
- One request from homeless hostel SOS
Additionally we took the initiative to distribute special milk and food supplements to Community Services of Public Hospitals.
The volunteers of MCCH work to ensure that, as far as they are able, no resources are lost.
We want those contributing items to our clinic to know that each gift is deeply appreciated and fully utilized and gives relief to those going through difficult times.
|We were visited by:
- Christian Salzer, a reporter from Germany
- Solidarity House Zabaldi – a group of visitors
- Nikos Pournaras, representing the Network for Greece, from Sweden
- Christos Giovannopoulos from the research program PURS (social innovation and/with participation of citizens of Athens, Berlin and Newcastle)
- Athanasia Kouleta from HuffPost Greece
- Roland Weber
|MCCH distributed press releases on:
- 24/9 “The Servants of Austerity Jail Those Who Resist”
- 29/9 “Under-Funding of the Greek Public Health System and Its Improvement Don’t Mix”
| The Metropolitan Community Clinic at Helleniko is a volunteer clinic providing cost-free primary health care to the uninsured, the unemployed who are without resources. We believe that that ALL should have equal and cost free access to the public health system.
“As long as austerity and the brutality continue, we will continue to combat it…”
Metropolitan Community Clinic at Helleniko